Sunday, July 23, 2017

My summer thus far


It has been a while and a lot has happened:
  • Went to Newfoundland to visit fellow blogger Wisewebwoman (see this post)
  • Been busy around the homestead with yard work and so forth and so on (more detail here)
  • Trying to plan a trip out west--nerve-wracking! stressful!--also described here 
  • My (probably last) grandson was born yesterday.
Right now the last item is the biggest news for me, I am so excited but am having to contain myself because they (the parents) are out west and I am here and while some of my local friends are almost as excited as I am, many are like: oh how nice for you dear, and let me tell you about the horrible day I just had.

Are you kidding me?!? I'm over the moon and you want me to commiserate with your bad shopping experience?!? Sorry, sarcasm off. The one friend I could count on to be almost as excited as I am was out of town at a lovely family wedding. I left her a phone message, she responded as expected (gratifyingly) today. But yesterday was a little weird, being terribly happy and excited and not being able to talk about it.

My son asked me not to go on Facebook until they had a chance to make the official announcement, which they did a few hours later but I was then busy with my volunteer ushering job. It was for a play that quite frankly was boring as all get out. Two actors who sang and danced very well but the play itself was the problem. Polite clapping but no one gushing about the experience. I think the actors' talents were wasted. I was in the second day of an earache--I suspect brought on by stress--and I had spent the previous night awake with an 85-lb dog lying on top of me panting in my face due to an intense thunderstorm outside, so I was not in a mood for it.

I'm still in trip-planning mode and I still have a bunch of homework to get done before I can leave. I have lined up a house/dog sitter for the duration but I will worry about Hapi. It will be the longest time I have left her. The dog sitter comes recommended but I will still worry. I won't see the new grandchild for about 6 weeks and I wish I was there right now.

Also, this is kind of silly but what can I say: I just finished (yesterday) a 14-book series that I have been reading for several months now. I have become invested in the story characters and it's over; I feel a sense of loss. I am strongly tempted to start rereading the series but I am resisting. It was quite a time-consumer and I just can't afford that right now. But I miss them.

2 comments:

Wisewebwoman said...

What I love about posts such as yours is that I don't feel so far out and ready for the loony bin. It's reassuring to know that I can feel ground down and write about it also.

Thank you for that and I sure hope everything falls like the proverbial ducks.

XO
WWW

Annie said...

Yes, sometimes one has to vent. Or rant. You're welcome. The proverbial ducks: I hope so too!